Saturday, May 1, 2010

Size Matters

I'm really gonna lay myself out there today. Although I'm bombarded with some really BIG issues, something is laying HEAVY on me.

I think that I'm fretting and worrying more about my weight issue and a healthier lifestyle than I am about going into labor, having a new baby, moving into a new house, finances, a busy summer, and all the things that are on my plate.

This IS the last baby that we are physically having. The last five years have been filled with reasons and excuses of how and why I've gained weight, and this will now determine if I still have any control or diligence.

I know that the weighty person and the people outside looking in have completely different views about all of this. BUT I've been on both sides of this issue and I will tell you POSITIVELY that most of you don't think that you are stereotypical or judgemental, but YOU ARE! I've had people REFUSE to get to know me or celebrate my talents and personality, because they can't look past my looks- and then I've lost weight and have been able to sport my own personal style (which you can not very successfully do when you are bigger) and they've LOVED me. Hmmmm, not very uplifting or loving!!!

Since I've come to know this information I have a large amount of compassion for people battling this issue. I try so hard not to judge and get to know people for who they are and not what they look like. I have a great amount of patience and compassion, a gift blessed from God! I know ALL different KINDS of people and am so happy to have these life experiences to help me through life. I especially have been blessed, because I get to teach ALL of my daughters these IMPORTANT life lessons. Let's be real, girls are the worst and meanest at this, especially in school. God's had a plan this whole time!

All that aside, although it's very important for people to learn and practice better friendship skills, being healthy is the real issue here.

I want to be healthier, and have a healthier family. I don't want to be part of the overweight/obese society. It does take an awareness and work to prepare yourself and endurance to see it through.

So yes, I am having a baby SOON, and have a lot of responsibilities right now; but this summer and this year are going to be VERY life changing. I need all of your prayers, advice, love, and friendship to make it a true success. I am going to lose baby weight and laziness fat and become a healthier woman!!!!

4 comments:

  1. AimeeYou are a beautiful person inside and out, not to mention extremely talented and generous! Always believe in yourself! Big words of wisdom from Shelly back in Kiowa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee you are a beautiful person inside and out! Not to mention extremely talented and generous. Believe in yourself! Words of wisdom from Shelly back in Kiowa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also on the obese side of life.. and yes it is hard. But I guess I am lucky that I rarely feel judged by others more than I judge myself.
    Maybe we can be in a weight loss motivation club long distance. hummm?
    That being said.. You are incredible and I wish you tons of luck in the upcoming birth to Gail..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and support you!! You ARE talented and in my opinion your hardest and most critical judge. With all the people I've known in my life, I know better than to judge a book by it's cover...you'll miss ALL the good reads!!:) For me, it's not about looking good at all, it's about health and really living this life God has blessed us with!!!

    ReplyDelete