Thursday, March 4, 2010

Serving Others



Just a quick update: I am dealing with Anemia, but was not diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was on the verge and so we are treating each day like I have it and are taking precautions. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

So many times throughout my week I witness and visit with people and when I talk about "Serving" so many people talk like it's completely up to our Pastors and Missionary type people. Some people think that our older generation that have retired and have "nothing better to do" are the ones that are beholden and in charge of serving.

I'm here to tell you to WAKE UP and read your bible! God charges ALL of with this task. My children have to serve, because God calls them to. If you are going to be faithful to God and to his word you will find a way, if not many to fullfill your obligation.

Stop right now and ask yourself, "What am I doing to serve God and others" If you are having a hard time answering I suggest that the first thing you do is pray and ask God to lead you. After you've done that, then start making a list of things that you think you can do and then one-by-one do them and check them off. If you are active in a church or your children's school then I imagine that things are thrown your way all the time. Be sure to participate. I see people that go to church say, "We are feeding the homeless...we are going to Haiti...we are gathering bottles for Loving choices..." but they themselves are not doing anything. If you can't think of any ways that you are purposefully serving or if you can't think of a way that YOU could serve than you are trying and you definately aren't obeying God.

God allows and make opportunities everyday for us to step forward and abide and honor him. So many people depend our faithfulness and generosity, and not our judgement and discrimination. If you've read, you know that God does punish disobedience and he will also punish your decendants, do you want to carry that load? Do you want your children, and their children to pay for your lack of caring? We MUST teach our children and do it ourselves as often as we can.


I want to express to you that there are many ways to serve others and most times it's a lot of fun and very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment