Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy Day Recipes








I have to admit that I haven't been feeling very well the last couple of days. I've felt unusually exhausted and have NO appetite. Which, isn't normally me! I guess you have to take into consideration that I'm 24 weeks pregnant.

With all of that going on, I've had a hard time bringing myself to cook or bake. Last week was exactly opposite. I made a couple of homemade old fashioned chocolate sheet cakes. I also made several batches of salsa, and I share all of it!

Today all the girls had a hand in dinner. We made meatballs in a brown gravy, rice, (their favorite)and green beans. We also made mini cherry and blueberry pies for ladies bible study tomorrow. Last, but not least we bake a jello poke cake. I am taking to Diane Cole's house for lunch tomorrow with the gals.

We did all of this within an hour.

I used my standard meatball recipe, but added worchestershire and no mustard or ketchup. Browned them and then put them in the oven with pan drippings gravy for half and hour.

We took store bought pie dough and filling and cut little cirles and pinched the edges after filling. Bake and sift on some powdered sugar and Wa LA! Lots of fun for kids.

Use your favorite cake mix and make accordingly and when you pull it out of the oven poke holes all over the top and pour over a pkg of jello box mix dissolved with water. Cool and cover with cool whip. Keep in the frig. Our favorite variation is using a lemon cake and lime jello! YUMMY!

Three easy recipes that will make your life easier and that you kids can do or help you with! (Sorry STILL trying to figure out how to position pix)

No comments:

Post a Comment