Friday, February 5, 2010

Size Matters


It's no secret that this girl is chubbier than she should be. And today I want to talk about SIZE MATTERS.

Well here are my excuses. When I got married I was close to my ideal weight. Then three months later we were pregnant. When Aydan was three months old we surprisingly found out that we were having Addy. During this period I went through MASSIVE postpardom depression. Then a little further down the road we were blessed with Ava. I've actually done a pretty good job keeping my weight down during the last couple of pregnancies, but have not been successful taking the weight off in between. I've estimated that I gained about 20 pounds with each of the last three girls and if you calculate the same with this one I will have PACKED on 80 pounds in four and half years. WOW! I can't beleive that I'm admitting this in public!

The reasons that I am talking about this are many. One, we treat people different when they aren't perfect like society wants them to be. Two, your health is SO important and it doesn't just effect one's self. Three, there aren't many addictions or illnesses that people shouldn't attack on their own.

So I am going to use you as support in my FIGHT to beat the battle of the bulge this year. I am going to try to keep my weight down during this last pregnancy and fight like crazy to get my life back! I'm going to need your help! I'm going to play both sides of the coin. I'm going to show you the way I and other over weight people live and feel and how you "more fit" people live and percieve us.

So here goes. I'm going to be brave and do before and after shots and lay it all out there. I NEED you to cheer me along and give me all the advice you can. My life depends on it! May God bless this endeavor. See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Go Aimee!!! (This is me cheering.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee! Thank you so much for your braveness in sharing! :-) I know that you can do it and I know that it is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Aimee! After you have baby girl #5 We can try and tackle it together! I too need to loose 50-80 lbs! Miss seeing you and those sweet girls 3 times a week! Tammie

    ReplyDelete